Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexandros Karypidis <ak...@yahoo.gr> on 2011/05/08 01:35:59 UTC

[release:perform] with pom.xml in relative path of SCM repository

Hello,

I have a Mercurial repository with some closely-related, but independent
projects. For that reason, its structure is:

/my-repo
/my-repo/prj1
/my-repo/prj1/pom.xml
/my-repo/prj1/...
/my-repo/prj2
/my-repo/prj2/pom.xml
/my-repo/prj2/...

As a result, in order to perform a release, I need to be able to specify a
relative path to the pom.xml file. I am currently trying to do this using
"-f" and "-pomFileName" as follows (trying to release prj1):

mvn -f prj1\pom.xml --batch-mode -DpomFileName=prj1\pom.xml
-Dstaging.hg.repo.url=/path/to/one/clone
-Dstaging.mvn.repo.url=file:///path/to/mvn/repo -DreleaseVersion=0.1.0
-DdevelopmentVersion=0.2.0-SNAPSHOT -Dtag=prj1_0.1.0 release:prepare
release:perform

Although release:prepare completes, during release:perform afterwards I
get:

[INFO] [ERROR] The goal you specified requires a project to execute but
there is no POM in this directory (D:\tmp\repo\prj1\target\checkout).
Please verify you invoked Maven from the correct directory. -> [Help 1]

Indeed the file is actually in location: D:\tmp\repo\prj1\target\checkout

How can I get the "release:perform" goal to accept the specific location
for pom.xml, relative to the checkout folder?