Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/15 17:34:39 UTC

ESME-170 - PubSubHubub

Ethan,

This is currently assigned to you. I thought I'll assign this to myself and work on it right away...

What do you say, if you aren't working on it ?

I've been looking up the PubSubHubub stuff pointed to by Dick in the Jira.

The other possibility for me for the release is the container-based-authentication stuff which Dick said recently in a mail from his vacation will need his spec'ing out on his return which is of course any day now but the spec will take a few days from today...

Imtiaz

Re: ESME-170 - PubSubHubub

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
On 8/16/2010 10:49 PM, Vassil Dichev wrote:
> It's the kind of filter condition which makes the best sense for this
> action, at least. What do you want to do?
>
> Vassil
>

> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 5:30 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E<in...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Probably can figure this out, but would someone oblige and tell me...
>>
>> Is
>>
>> every nn mins      rss-url
>>
>> the only form/kind of an rss/atom based action ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Imtiaz
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ethan Jewett"<es...@gmail.com>

What ?
no

$ svn diff url/branches/x url/trunk

Also read about peg revisions and @HEAD, or @PREV short cuts.

VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin,                 Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.

Re: ESME-170 - PubSubHubub

Posted by Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in...@gmail.com>.
Well, I need to know all the possible kinds of tests (filters conditions)
that make sense for an RSS/ATOM action.

Imtiaz

Re: ESME-170 - PubSubHubub

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Re: ESME-170 - PubSubHubub

> Yes, several. You can either work on that branch directly, or start
> over by submitting a patch with a different branch created (or I can
> create one for you - just let me know the name you want). Create a
> branch locally by using the instructions at
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch04s02.html
>
> Because the branch has gotten out of sync with trunk, it is difficult
> to diff the branch. If you want to see a diff between the branch and
> trunk you can do (I kid you not):
>
> svn diff -r985659:980193
>
> That actually gives a diff between those two revisions, so as soon as
> someone makes a new commit to either trunk or the branch it will no
> longer be valid. To find out what revision a branch is currently on,
> you go into the main directory of that branch and run (or so I read on
> the internet):
>
> svn log --limit 1
>
> The more manual option, but the option I prefer, is to browse
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/esme/branches/tagandconversationfollow/
> Based on the log entires, you can see which files I changed, and the
> tool will show you the change history since the branch with diffs, so
> you can see fairly easily what was changed.
>
> Ethan
>
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 12:18 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Ethan,
>>
>> Okay.
>>
>> Need to know:-
>>
>> Have you committed any changes to the pubsubhubub branch i.e., different
>> from what is in trunk ?
>>
>> Imtiaz
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ethan Jewett" <es...@gmail.com>

Re: ESME-170 - PubSubHubub

Posted by in...@gmail.com.
That's a ton of info. Thanks.

To keep it simple, it is best if you create a new branch from current trunk with name pubsubhubub-2.

I can copy over changes from yours if needed.

Imtiaz

Imtiaz Ahmed H E
Cell +91.98452 84561
Bangalore, India