Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Goldsmith <dg...@sans.org> on 2006/06/05 21:34:11 UTC

Message Scores Changing?

Re: Message Scores Changing?

Posted by David Goldsmith <dg...@sans.org>.

Re: Message Scores Changing?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
David Goldsmith wrote:
> A messages that just made it through to my mailbox had the following SA
> headers:

>     HTML_MESSAGE,URIBL_SBL autolearn=no version=3.1.0
>
> I bounced it to our 'spam' address and ran 'spamc' against the message
> and came back with:

>         HTML_MESSAGE,URIBL_SBL autolearn=no version=3.1.0
>

> I've seen this often where email bounced by one of our users to out spam
> box appears to have a lower score when tested manually but in this case,
> I ran spamc within minutes of receiving the message.
>
> Any ideas on what may have changed in the Bayesian database in the short
> interval that would lower the confidence that the message is spam?

Define "bounced it to our 'spam' address"..  What exact mechanism did
you use here?

I ask because Auto-processing learners are a dangerous minefield, SA's
bayes system is very sensitive to changes in:

    From and To: headers
    Body encoding

Both of which will be changed dramatically if you use "forward" on a
message.

Mysql SA question

Posted by Alan Fullmer <li...@xnote.com>.
What would keep SA from looking up entries in the mysql db for some
addresses, then successfully do it to others?

There are certain addresses the system does not want to whitelist because it
isn't looking it up in the database.

But I know it is working because it will pull other addresses out.  This
specifically is a Comcast.net address.  I have no idea if that has anything
to do with it or not.

Does anyone have any sort of idea why it would ignore looking up certain
emails in the mysql db?