Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/23 05:51:05 UTC

[resources] JDBCResources

Why does JDBCResources "wrap" a connection? I believe its only needed
for loading the data and IMO, its holding on to it longer than it
should. And why doesn't it close the connection?

I can propose a patch, but first, did I miss anything? ;-)

-Rahul

Re: [resources] JDBCResources

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On 11/23/05, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why does JDBCResources "wrap" a connection? I believe its only needed
> for loading the data and IMO, its holding on to it longer than it
> should. And why doesn't it close the connection?

I agree it doesn't look right, but I've only just got involved so I
can't answer why.

> I can propose a patch, but first, did I miss anything? ;-)

Patch away :-)

Niall