Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by James James <re...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/03 23:41:57 UTC

user SVN to check out mahout

Hi, I was trying to check out a copy of mahout using the subclipse.

I typed in the following link to try to create a new reposistory location, but failed. Did I do something wrong? Thanks

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/mahout/trunk

Re: user SVN to check out mahout

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 04 November 2009 15:11:17 Sean Owen wrote:
> FWIW it is now working for me again, so maybe try again.

You can check the status of apache servers there:

http://monitoring.apache.org/status/

Cheers,
Isabel

--
  |\      _,,,---,,_       Web:   <http://www.isabel-drost.de>
  /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xm...@spaceboyz.net>

Re: user SVN to check out mahout

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James James <re...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for replying. Is there any other way to do it?

Thanks

________________________________
For what it's worth I can't access SVN on svn.apache.org or
svn.geo.apache.org at the moment. I think it's an infrastructure
issue.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Can you ping that host?

If not, then it sounds like you (or possibly Apache) actually have DNS
problem.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

Re: user SVN to check out mahout

Posted by James James <re...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for replying. That is exactly what I tried, but I got the following error message

"Error validating location: "org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClentException:RA layer request failed
svn: OPTIONS of 'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/mahout/trunk/':

On Tuesday 03 November 2009 23:41:57 James James wrote:
> I typed in the following link to try to create a new reposistory location,
> but failed. Did I do something wrong? Thanks
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/mahout/trunk

If you are no committer, it should be sufficient to use anonymous access
through http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/mahout/trunk/ w/o username/
password should be sufficient.

Isabel

--