Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Vinayak Borkar <vb...@yahoo.com> on 2011/08/22 18:37:08 UTC

Status of VXQuery

Guys,

Currently VXQuery runs through the 19425 tests in the XQuery Test Suite
and returns correct results on 10540 tests.

One of the tests
(Expressions/Construct/DirectConElem/DirectConElemContent/Constr-cont-document-3.xq)
takes forever to finish. The runtime plan for this query is a bunch of
nested loops that iterate for a long time. Some optimization is needed here.

Vinayak

Re: Status of VXQuery

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@westmann.org>.
Yes, so we'll need to find someone who knows about query optimization.
Who could that be?
I've created a bug for you (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VXQUERY-29). :)

Till

Re: Status of VXQuery

Posted by Michael Carey <mj...@ics.uci.edu>.
Okay, sounds like the answers are close enough (right over half the
time); now we just need to be fast.  :-)