Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Michał Kabocik <mi...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/27 11:32:02 UTC

How group based authentication works with shiro?

Dears,

I'm trying to configure shiro to authenticate users from AD and to limit
access to login to webui for specific group.

Here's my shiro.ini config:

activeDirectoryRealm = org.apache.zeppelin.server.ActiveDirectoryGroupRealm
activeDirectoryRealm.systemUsername = user
activeDirectoryRealm.systemPassword = password
activeDirectoryRealm.searchBase = "OU=x,OU=x,OU=x,DC=x,DC=x,DC=x"
activeDirectoryRealm.url = ldaps://ldap.domain.com:636
activeDirectoryRealm.groupRolesMap = "CN=HADOOP_GROUP,OU=x,OU=x,OU=
x,OU=x,DC=x,DC=x,DC=x":"role1"
activeDirectoryRealm.authorizationCachingEnabled = false

[roles]
role1 = *

/api/version = anon
#/** = anon
/** = authc

Currently, authentication works for every user who is in search base, so
everyone from search base can login. To limit access, I would like to have
authorization based on specified group, like above.
What am I missing?

I'll appreciate your help.
Kind regards,

--
Michał Kabocik

Re: How group based authentication works with shiro?

Posted by Yaar Reuveni <ya...@liveperson.com>.
I got the exact same issue,
Can someone give more info on how this should be used?

Thanks,
Yaar

--
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this on behalf of the