Posted to user@poi.apache.org by prashanth bhat <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/10/26 09:32:14 UTC

Regd POI PPT

Hi,

I have to generate a PowerPoint presentation from a
JAVA application. There
will be some templates for the documents that I want
to modify and I will
 have to change some text and some images in the
templates that I have. Also
it might be necessary to multiply specific templates
and increase the number
of pages of the ppt document.

Also i need to select certain slides from 2 ppt
documents and merge them into a 3rd.

Hope all this are possible using poi.

i want to confirm before i go in for using this api.

Thanks,
prashanth

Re: Regd POI PPT

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Hi,

Merging presentations and slides is not yet supported.

Modifying text and images in a template ppt, adding new slides, etc. should work fine.
HSLF tutorial is available at
  http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hslf/how-to-shapes.html.

Regards, Yegor

pb> Hi,

pb> I have to generate a PowerPoint presentation from a
pb> JAVA application. There
pb> will be some templates for the documents that I want
pb> to modify and I will
pb>  have to change some text and some images in the
pb> templates that I have. Also
pb> it might be necessary to multiply specific templates
pb> and increase the number
pb> of pages of the ppt document.

pb> Also i need to select certain slides from 2 ppt
pb> documents and merge them into a 3rd.

pb> Hope all this are possible using poi.

pb> i want to confirm before i go in for using this api.

pb> Thanks,
pb> prashanth

pb> Do You Yahoo!?
pb> Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
pb> http://mail.yahoo.com

pb> The Apache Jakarta Poi Project:  http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/