Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by caleb <s0...@netspace.net.au> on 2009/04/26 08:34:43 UTC

[users@httpd] problem with apache2.2 under FreeBSD 7.1

Hello,

I am having some problems getting Apache2.2 running on my FreeBSD
system. The main problem I'm having is that when I start the server it
doesn't seem to be listening on any ports. netstat -anl shows the following;

Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
tcp4       0     52 75.125.129.154.22      114.198.28.207.49346
ESTABLISHED
tcp4       0      0 127.0.0.1.25
*.*                    LISTEN
tcp4       0      0 *.22
*.*                    LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 *.22
*.*                    LISTEN
tcp4       0      0 *.1040
*.*                    LISTEN

I was getting an error when I used the "apachectl start"  command and I
found the following information after a google search;

"After upgrading Apache <http://www.apache.org/> 2.2, you sometimes
encounter the error "[warn] (2)No such file or directory: Failed to
enable the 'httpready' Accept Filter" on FreeBSD
<http://www.freebsd.org/> .You need load "accf_http.ko" by kldload.
(kldload can loads dynamically kernel module without "

and used kldload to load the module dynamically as well as adding an
entry to /boot/loader.conf. Now there is no error when I use the command:

 /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start

But when I use:

/usr/local/sbin/apachectl stop

I get the following;

httpd (no pid file) not running

does this mean that the server did not start in the first place? I have
setup my httpd.conf file correctly so I dont think that there is a
problem with that (but I am willing to post parts of it if requested),
but when I point a browser at 127.0.0.1 or the inet address of the
server I get a "connection refused" page. If you want me to post more
information please ask.

thanks,

caleb

[users@httpd] Re: [****SOLVED****][users@httpd] problem with apache2.2 under FreeBSD 7.1

Posted by caleb <s0...@netspace.net.au>.
Hi,

Got it working. checked  /var/log/httpd-error.log and it seemed there
was a problem with the hostname
of the sytem. I changed the hostname and now it works. Sorry if I wasted
anyones time.

Caleb