Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> on 2016/09/01 01:04:01 UTC

Re: Empty Cube

Hi Mehrdad,

When you run the query, is there any error reported in the logs/kylin.log?

If no error, please check whether the source hive table has data, you can
do this easily in hive, by running HQL "select * from default.kylin_sales
limit 100"; it is very likely that the "sample.sh" failed to upload the
file; if it is this case, you may need manually import the data files
 (sample_cube/data) to hive;

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi

Re: Empty Cube

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
I also encountered the "empty cube" issue in an environment yesterday; By
checking Hive I found one of the sample table
"DEFAULT.KYLIN_CATEGORY_GROUPINGS" has no record. Since the "kylin_sales"
cube uses "inner" joins for all tables, causing the cube no data.

After some troubleshoting I identify it is an issue of the "beeline" client
(my env configures beeline as hive cli in kylin), when it executes the
sample_cube/create_sample_tables.sql, the last line wasn't executed, which
caused the csv file wasn't uploaded.

By adding a blank line in the end of this sql file, it runs successfully. I
will checkin this change in kylin soon. If you faced the same issue, please
take a try.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋