Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu> on 2009/10/08 13:45:54 UTC

adding jars to 2.2

I call some java classes from flowscript that aren't included in the
default 2.2 blocks.

If I manually add the jars to ./target/rcl/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/, the
errors go away.

What is the right way to add these jars with maven ?

For example: commons-codec-1.3.jar.

How do you add a dependency for a .jar instead of a block ?

-- Steve Majewski

Re: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Unrecognized file format (.0,6) [ was: adding jars to 2.2 ]

Posted by Andre Juffer <an...@oulu.fi>.
Cannot really help you with this, but I would assume that at some point
in the pipeline something is created that doesn't seem to be XML. The
code in these jars you have added were tested, before using them with
cocoon, I assume, so that one could rule out that the problem originates
from there?

Posted by "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu>.
On Oct 8, 2009, at 8:25 AM, Andre Juffer wrote:

> Steven D. Majewski wrote:
>>
>> I call some java classes from flowscript that aren't included in
>> the default 2.2 blocks.
>>
>> If I manually add the jars to ./target/rcl/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/, the
>> errors go away.
>>
>> What is the right way to add these jars with maven ?
>>
>> For example: commons-codec-1.3.jar.
>>
>> How do you add a dependency for a .jar instead of a block ?
>
> Update the pom.xml (make dependencies) and ensure that the jars are
> in local repository. When creating the war file for deployment,
> these jars are automatically included.

OK. I already had commons-codec in my .m2/repository, so I looked at
it's .pom file
to get artifact & group id's and version number. I also added commons-
transaction,
which was not in my local repo. That generated an error with
instructions for how
to do 'mvn install:install-file'. After doing that I can jetty:run.

Now, one one pipeline, I'm getting:

Caused by: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to process
pipeline
	at <map:serialize type="xml"> - file:///Users/sdm7g/DL/VIVAEAD/cocoon-app/restored/sitemap.xmap:190:37
	at <map:transform> - file:///Users/sdm7g/DL/VIVAEAD/cocoon-app/restored/sitemap.xmap:187:47
	at <map:generate> - file:///Users/sdm7g/DL/VIVAEAD/cocoon-app/restored/sitemap.xmap:186:52
	at
org
.apache
.cocoon.ProcessingException.throwLocated(ProcessingException.java:143)
	at
org
.apache
.cocoon
.components
.pipeline
.AbstractProcessingPipeline
.handleException(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:923)
	at
org
.apache
.cocoon
.components
.pipeline
.impl
.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline
.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:379)
	at
org
.apache
.cocoon
.components
.pipeline
.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:439)
	at
sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
39)
	at
sun
.reflect
.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)

Re: adding jars to 2.2

Posted by Andre Juffer <an...@oulu.fi>.