Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Juranek, Scott" <Sc...@Rainier.com> on 2001/03/14 06:24:17 UTC

NoSuchMethodError on Sample

I know this question has probably been answered but there doesn't seem to be
a FAQ or searchable archive for the Apache/SOAP stuff.

I just got all the Apache SOAP stuff setup on a Win2K machine.  I'm using
Tomcat 3.2.1, SOAP 2.1, Xerces 1.3.  I can get the SOAP Admin pages:
http://localhost:8080/soap/admin/index.html and go through the list, deploy,
and un-deply options.  However, I can't get any of the samples to work.  I
run the testit.cmd under \samples\stockquote and the output is shown below.

The following is in my startup.bat for Tomcat -
set
CLASSPATH=C:\Apache\xerces-1_3_0\xerces.jar;C:\Apache\soap-2_1\lib\soap.jar;
C:\jdk1.3.0_02\javamail-1.2\mail.jar;C:\jdk1.3.0_02\jaf-1.0.1\activation.jar
;C:\Apache\soap-2_1\samples\stockquote;%CLASSPATH%;%cp%

I also added that line into the testit.cmd just in case I was missing some
class paths.

I also tried manually deploying via the admin page and that worked but when
I tried to use the service I would get a null exception error back via a
SOAP fault.

Thanks,

-Scott

This test assumes a server URL of
http://localhost:8080/soap/server/rpcrouter
Deploying the stockquote service...
Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
  Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
.
Verify that its there
Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
  Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
.
Running the stockquote test
samples/stockquote/GetQuote
.
Undeploy it now
Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
  Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
.
Verify that its gone