Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <sg...@gmx.at> on 2014/04/10 00:33:01 UTC

Re: WikiOnAStick Success

Hi folks,

since I love positive feedback I just need to post this :-)

Regarding Java issue - you need to have a full-blown JDK (Java Development Kit)  in your path in order to compile JSPs - you can play around with the batch file. With pre-compiled JSPs it is sufficient to have a JRE (Java Runtime Environment)

Regarding markup conversion - I did something similar to convert from JSPWiki to TWiki markup but this script does not have production quality

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Re: WikiOnAStick Success

Posted by Derek Hohls <dh...@csir.co.za>.
I have a (incomplete & non-production) script for converting from GoogleWiki to reST format (one of the formats usable on GitHub wiki).

I have a sense that someone needs to start building a "mother of all" wiki convertor program!  Not sure if there is one "most common format" that could be used the standard through which all other conversions could go?

>>> Siegfried Goeschl <sg...@gmx.at> 04/10/14 12:41 AM >>>
Hi folks,

since I love positive feedback I just need to post this :-)

Regarding Java issue - you need to have a full-blown JDK (Java Development Kit)  in your path in order to compile JSPs - you can play around with the batch file. With pre-compiled JSPs it is sufficient to have a JRE (Java Runtime Environment)

Regarding markup conversion - I did something similar to convert from JSPWiki to TWiki markup but this script does not have production quality

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

On 09 Apr 2014, at 16:01, Richard Pogson <ri...@holidaylettings.co.uk> wrote:

> Afternoon,
>
> Thank you for your help earlier, I have it up and running on Windows, there was a Java issue on the Debian VM I will work this out.
>
> Our main use case for JSPWiki would be replacement of or our decrepit MediaWiki install.
> So I will be looking at some sort of Python script to extract the current db entries and output them to markup.
> If you know of anyone who has done anything this stupid before let me know otherwise I will let you know of progress.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Richard Pogson
>

> This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com

and is believed to be clean.