Posted to builds@apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/28 13:59:55 UTC

Apache Gora Intermittent Failures

Hi Builds@,

In Gora we have two builds. Namely trunk [0] and a branch [1].

Most importantly, trunk build seems to intermittently become unstable,
fail or occasionally pass. When it becomes unstable the tests indicate
that classes from the core module (which is copied over to the various
modules and used during testing) is not present and therefore the
class is not found. Currently the builds have been configured to run
only on ubuntu slaves (this is due to a Cassandra specific failure we
were experiencing when running on Solaris) therefore I wonder if this
has anything to do with the failures or if there is any other tricks I
can deploy to get the build stable on a more consistent basis.

To confirm, the trunk build should most certainly be stable as I run
it locally every day and it is fine.

Thank you in advance for any help you guys can give me.

Best

Lewis

[0] https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/Gora/job/gora-trunk/
[1] https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/Gora/job/goraamazon_branch/