Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by prashant ullegaddi <pr...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/04 07:14:28 UTC

Retrieving field information for each hit when using "MultiFieldQueryParser"

Hi,

I'm using MultiFieldQueryParser to search over different fields of documents
in the
index. Whenever I get a hit for a query, is it possible to know in which
field the query
match occurred? And is it possible to retrieve the field(s) for each hit?

To make things clearer, suppose I have four fields for each document (say,
"0", "1",
"2", and "3"), and for a hit let the query only occur in field "1" of that
document hit.
is it possible to retrieve this information that for that hit query term
occurred in field
"1"?

I have tried using Explanation for each document, but found it very slow. I
believe there
got to be another fast alternative to achieve the same.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Prashant Ullegaddi,