Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by CheapLisa <li...@purpleblade.net> on 2009/04/14 22:24:21 UTC

First example fails:

I have been trying for three days to get my first web service sample running
(from system setup/config and coding) and have failed repeatedly using
examples provided.

The latest problem after trying the latest example I could find by googl'ing
is a maven problem that I can't resolve when building the client is:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to configure plugin parameters for:
org.apache.cxf:cxf-codegen-plugin:2.0.6

Cause: Cannot find setter nor field in
org.apache.cxf.maven_plugin.WsdlOption for 'serviceName'
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 7 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Apr 14 14:22:02 MDT 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 16M/29M
[INFO]

RE: First example fails:

Posted by Sean O'Callaghan <SE...@progress.com>.
Hi,

There are numerous examples in the CXF installation itself under the samples directory. These have a README explaining how to build and run the samples and can be run using maven or ant.

Regards,

Seán.

Posted by CheapLisa <li...@purpleblade.net>.

Re: First example fails:

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: First example fails:

Posted by CheapLisa <li...@purpleblade.net>.
thanks, that would be most helpful!  Out of all the Google'ing I have done,
have not found an example (out of about 30) with a downloadable .zip that I
can use.  I will give it a spin.  Most of the code snippets do not provide
the full context like what I should name the file and in what directory I
should put it and how it gets built and where it goes after that.

thanks

Re: First example fails: