Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by nickolay_martinov <ni...@googlemail.com> on 2010/11/26 08:40:38 UTC

Spring applicationContext is destroyed during SU shutdown and not recreated during SU start

During SU shutdown XBeanServiceUnit destroys Spring application context,
nulls reference to it and nulls classloader. If later SU is started again
then application context is not recreated and start() call is processed
using component class loader. Two problems arise: application context was
closed and there are no more access to beans in it, component class loader
doesn't see jars in lib directory of SU. So shutdown SA operation breaks
everything. The only workaround is to redeploy SA.
Is there any way to fix that? Does this applies to SMX4 too?

For more information please see
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMXCOMP-606

Re: Spring applicationContext is destroyed during SU shutdown and not recreated during SU start

Posted by nickolay_martinov <ni...@googlemail.com>.
Looks like more components suffer from stop/start problem. For example CXF SE
stops function properly. But for some different reason. Perhaps it would be
good if all components are tested for SU stop/start compatibility. Please
see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMXCOMP-824 for additional
information.

Re: Spring applicationContext is destroyed during SU shutdown and not recreated during SU start

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Nickolay,

thanks for reporting this issue.

I will try to work on it this week end.

The described behavior is the same in SMX3 and SMX4.

As we plan to release SMX Components 2010.02 for SMX 4.3 release, I
would like to include this fix in this release.

I will keep you posted via the Jira task.

Regards
JB