Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org> on 2017/02/10 19:32:27 UTC

[DISCUSS] Scope of 0.9.12-incubating

Hello all,

With quite a lot of coding merged since 0.9.11, I'd like to begin the
discussion of scope for 0.9.12. Issues currently tagged for 0.9.12 can be
found here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20Guacamole%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.9.12-incubating

The code already merged for 0.9.12 currently amounts to roughly 10-15K
lines of changes.

Currently underway on my end are a fix for RDP printing (connections can
hang if GhostScript blocks) and support for per-connection guacd's:

In the interest of keeping scope minimal, I assume we probably don't want
to go forward with the great merge of the experimental X.Org driver yet
(which no doubt needs cleanup anyway). Similarly, the several
authentication extensions under review from Nick should be after-0.9.12,
IMHO, again for sake of scope.

Beyond the above, I'm not aware of any issues which should block release,
but I'm ready to be wrong on this.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

- Mike

RES: [DISCUSS] Scope of 0.9.12-incubating

Posted by Thiago dos Santos Nunes <th...@DIGITALINFORMATICA.COM.BR>.
Thanks for your answer!!

I opened a ticket on the JIRA.

Sorry for my mistake to send to the dev group on the thread of scope.

I think 0.9.13 is a good start to work on this. The finalization of the versions is very quick now.

Thanks a lot for your efforts.

Fique com DEUS.

Aude et Effice!

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.

Posted by Thiago dos Santos Nunes <th...@DIGITALINFORMATICA.COM.BR>.
I think connection associated to groups, not only to users. Assign permissions to groups too. And permit users to administer a subset of another users (change password, create users, kill active connections, etc). Fine grained permissions, like users can create, but can´t delete users, can´t create connections, can kill connections or not. It will be very, very, good.

And a translatation to portuguese brazilian too.

Thanks a lot for our efforts.

Aude et Effice!

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 11:32 AM, Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>

> The "staging/0.9.12-incubating" branches have now been created for
> incubator-guacamole-client, incubator-guacamole-server, and
> incubator-guacamole-manual:
>
> https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-
> guacamole-client.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/staging/0.9.12-incubating
> https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-
> guacamole-server.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/staging/0.9.12-incubating
> https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-
> guacamole-manual.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/staging/0.9.12-incubating
>
> Unfortunately, the branches haven't yet shown up in the GitHub mirrors,
> and incubator-guacamole-server has yet to reflect the past deletion of
> "staging/0.9.11-incubating". If the branches don't appear on their own in
> the next day or so, I'll ping Infra... based on past issues with the
> automated sync to GitHub [1] [2] [3], I would bet a manual resync is needed.
>
> - Mike

Issue opened with Infra:

Re: [DISCUSS] Scope of 0.9.12-incubating

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.

https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-guacamole-server.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/staging/0.9.12-incubating
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-guacamole-manual.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/staging/0.9.12-incubating

Unfortunately, the branches haven't yet shown up in the GitHub mirrors, and
incubator-guacamole-server has yet to reflect the past deletion of
"staging/0.9.11-incubating". If the branches don't appear on their own in
the next day or so, I'll ping Infra... based on past issues with the
automated sync to GitHub [1] [2] [3], I would bet a manual resync is needed.

- Mike

Re: [DISCUSS] Scope of 0.9.12-incubating

Posted by ni...@yahoo.com.INVALID.
Sounds good...I'll continue working both the CAS and RADIUS modules.
-Nick

    On Friday, February 10, 2017 2:43 PM, Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org> wrote:

 Cool.
By the way, there's no need to hold off on the auth dev. Once release scope is settled, we'll create a separate release branch. Non-release dev can continue unaffected on master.
- Mike

On Feb 10, 2017 11:40, <ni...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

I'm fine with holding off on the authentication extensions and not including those in this release.
-Nick

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
Cool.