Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Lacki <je...@rahul.net> on 2003/10/07 15:55:40 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] POST turns into GET problem

I wanted to email my own resolution to this problem,
hopefully its THE solution for many down the line ;)

I had signed up at nsi.com for a domain and made their
servers my DNS server.  Someone pointed out that my
DNS entries didnt map back to the domain name.  I can
t remember if it was the A record or PTR record.

In any case, I decided to setup my own DNS server on
my linux box at home.  So I went back to NSI.com and
pointed my DNS entries to my server after creating
my own files at home.  After their 72 hr time period
for things to update AND me getting my DNS files correct,
things worked now!

This also fixed the name in the browser turning back to
the IP number problem I had, so now the name stays the
name when you type it in and it loads.

Thanks for the suggestions and help!
Jeff

--
As they began to sing and praise, the LORD set ambushes against the men
of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were