Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu> on 2006/11/08 17:30:15 UTC

Found a Maven repository with the latest Eclipse jars

By asking on the Maven users list I was able to find that someone has
put up a Maven repository with all the Eclipse jars (v3.2.0 and
v.3.2.1) that we require:
http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse/

I updated our POMs to build against this and all is working fine. Now
if only I had commit access. :)

BTW, does it matter what Eclipse version we build against?  I
arbitrarily chose to build against v3.2.0.

-Adam

Re: Found a Maven repository with the latest Eclipse jars

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Adam Lally wrote:
> By asking on the Maven users list I was able to find that someone has
> put up a Maven repository with all the Eclipse jars (v3.2.0 and
> v.3.2.1) that we require:
> http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse/

Yipee, one problem solved, only n to go, n neither fixed nor arbitrary.

> I updated our POMs to build against this and all is working fine. Now
> if only I had commit access. :)

I was busy with other stuff today, but should have more time tomorrow.
If you don't get commit access today, send your patches to the list and
I'll apply them.

> BTW, does it matter what Eclipse version we build against?  I
> arbitrarily chose to build against v3.2.0.

Seems like a good choice to me.

--Thilo

Re: Found a Maven repository with the latest Eclipse jars

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
> Seems to me we should build against a level which makes the code work
> for the majority of our users.  If building on 3.1 makes it work for
> those who have 3.1 and 3.2, while building on 3.2 restricts to 3.2, then
> I'd vote for 3.1.

I have all the plugins working now, I've tested them in 3.1 and 3.2
and they seem to work in both versions.

I'll wait until tommorrow morning to see if my SVN account comes
through, before trying to send a patch.

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
> Seems to me we should build against a level which makes the code work
> for the majority of our users.  If building on 3.1 makes it work for
> those who have 3.1 and 3.2, while building on 3.2 restricts to 3.2, then
> I'd vote for 3.1.

Yes, agreed. But I was hoping that someone knew the truth about
whether building on 3.2 actually restricted to running on 3.2.  I
think it's unlikely that that is the case, but I can't rule it out.

I suppose the answer is to test the plugins, which I need to do
anyway.  Actually I know some other things that are wrong with them,
such as that the list of exported packages in the runtime plugin
hasn't been updated for the renaming that occurred.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Adam Lally wrote:
> <snip>
>
> BTW, does it matter what Eclipse version we build against?  I
> arbitrarily chose to build against v3.2.0.
Seems to me we should build against a level which makes the code work
for the majority of our users.  If building on 3.1 makes it work for
those who have 3.1 and 3.2, while building on 3.2 restricts to 3.2, then
I'd vote for 3.1.

I think 3.1 is the minimum level needed at this point.
-Marshall