Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/11 18:18:40 UTC

[DISCUSS] Drop support for Flink 1.8 and 1.9

Hello,

We have been supporting older versions of Flink that we had agreed in previous
discussions where we said we will be supporting only the latest three releases
[1].

I would like to propose that for Beam 2.30.0 we stop supporting Flink 1.8 and
1.9 [2].  I prepared a PR for this [3] but of course I wanted to bring the
subject here (and to user@) for your attention and in case someone has a
different opinion or reason to still support the older versions.

WDYT?

Regards,
Ismael

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rfb5ac9d889d0e3f4400471de3c25000a15352bde879622c899d97581%40%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-11948

Re: [DISCUSS] Drop support for Flink 1.8 and 1.9

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Regards
JB