Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin Stembridge <ke...@db.com> on 2007/06/08 14:33:41 UTC

assembly plugin, module sets, binaries and includeDependencies

Hi all,
I'm having a problem with the assembly plugin. It isn't including
dependencies for a binary within a module set.  I have the following
configuration:

    <moduleSet>

      <includes>
        <include>my.company:my-artifact</include>
      </includes>

      <binaries>
        <includeDependencies>true</includeDependencies>
        <useStrictFiltering>true</useStrictFiltering>
        <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
        <unpack>false</unpack>
      </binaries>

    </moduleSet>

The module artifact is included fine, but none of its dependencies. There
doesn't seem to be any issue raised for this problem yet. Just wondering
if anyone has seen it before.

Cheers,
Kevin

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: assembly plugin, module sets, binaries and includeDependencies

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
The problem is your include rule that filters out anything that doesn't
match it. Remove it and the dependencies would be included, only it would
then include all of your modules and their dependencies. I remember seeing
some talk about correcting the issue or maybe introducing a new syntax for
the behavior you expected in a new version. I've sometimes resorted to
creating a separate assembly pom that specifies just those module
dependencies I need to get the same effect.

Kalle