Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by "Eichberger, German" <ge...@soe.sony.com> on 2007/12/12 20:38:05 UTC

what kind of urls need to be handled by tomcat

Hi,

we have some apache httpd sitting in front of our tomcat running roller
(I am still trying to set everything up:-)) We are using mod_rewrite to
decide which URL's should be served by tomcat and which by apache. Right
now we are forwarding everything which ends with .rol, .vm, .jsp, and
.action to the tomcat. But the system doesn't work. I was wondering if
somebody else had some experience with a similar set up and can share
his insights what to forward to tomcat...

Thanks,

German

---

German Eichberger - geichberger@soe.sony.com
<ma...@soe.sony.com>  -858.577.3937 (w) - xgerman2 (Aim)

Re: what kind of urls need to be handled by tomcat

Posted by skipjack <sk...@gmail.com>.
I am using mod_jk, jk2 was to complacatted  to configue
here is my conf file, roller version is 3.1
<VirtualHost www.xxx.xxx>
    JkAutoAlias /var/www/tomcat/webapps
    JkMount / ajp13

    JkMount /roller-ui ajp13
    JkMount /roller-ui/* ajp13
    JkMount /j_security_check ajp13
    JkMount /skipjack ajp13
    JkMount /skipjack/* ajp13
    JkMount /images ajp13
    JkMount /images/* ajp13
    JkMount /theme ajp13
    JkMount /theme/* ajp13
    JkMount /themes ajp13
    JkMount /themes/* ajp13
    JkMount /robots.txt ajp13
    JkMount /CommentAuthenticatorServlet ajp13

    JkMount /servlets-examples ajp13
    JkMount /servlets-examples/* ajp13

    JkMount /jsp-examples ajp13
    JkMount /jsp-examples/* ajp13

    JkMount /tomcat-docs ajp13
    JkMount /tomcat-docs/* ajp13

</VirtualHost>

my httpd.conf was modified with the following
JkWorkersFile "/etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/etc/httpd/logs/mod_jk.log"
JkLogLevel debug

my workers.properties file is
# workers.properties - ap13
#
# List workers
#worker.list=ajp13
#
workers.tomcat_home=/var/www/tomcat
workers.java_home=/usr/java/jre1.5.0_05/
ps=/

worker.list=ajp13
worker.maintain=30
# Define wrkr
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
#worker.ajp13.lbfactor=1
worker.ajp13.connection_pool_timeout=30
worker.ajp13.socket_timeout=300
worker.ajp13.socket_keepalive=1

hope this helps,

--
Programming is art

Re: what kind of urls need to be handled by tomcat

Posted by ries van Twisk <rv...@dds.nl>.
Hey,