Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Patricio Echagüe <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/03 03:18:01 UTC

Trying to enable snappy compression

Hi all, I wanted to double check if Kafka compression (snappy) works with
0.7.0 version. I'm setting the codec in my producer but after running two
tests, one without compresion and one with compression, I don't see any
difference in the log file size nor JConsole.

The messages I send contain a lot of repetitive characters.

What would a better way to test compression be?

Thanks

Re: Trying to enable snappy compression

Posted by Patricio Echagüe <pa...@gmail.com>.
Oh I see. Thanks.