Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mahen Perera <Ma...@igindex.co.uk> on 2008/04/30 12:18:30 UTC

tapestry web app , deployed in tomcat. Need to set as default web app

Hi guys,

A quick one.

I have this web app , done using T5.

Its currently deployed under localhost:8080/myappcontextpath in Tomcat.

Now I need to make it the default web app in tomcat. Basically, get the
app deployed under localhost:8080/.

So, I added the following configurations to the tomcat server.xml file.

      <Host name="localhost" appBase="/webapps/myappcontextpath ">

<Context path="" docBase="." >

</Context>

      </Host>

Now I can access the home page of the app using
http://localhost:8080/start <http://localhost:8080/start>  . However,
when accessing other links, I am getting the HTTP 404 error.

Any ideas?

Or else..

Is there any another way of configuring tomcat to make my webapp the
default webapp?

Thanks in advance for any replies

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and then delete the email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG Index plc is a company registered in England and Wales under number 01190902. VAT registration number 761 2978 07. Registered Office: Friars House, 157-168 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8EZ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. FSA Register number 114059.

Re: tapestry web app , deployed in tomcat. Need to set as default web app

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
I deploy my app as ROOT.war in tomcat to get the root context. I'm not
sure that is a better option, I'm just throwing it out there.

Can you give us more information? Like what the urls are that are
failing? Have you tried stepping through the tapestry root dispatcher
to see where it might be going wrong? Anything getting logged?

Josh

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 3:18 AM, Mahen Perera
<Ma...@igindex.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> A quick one.
>
> I have this web app , done using T5.
>
> Its currently deployed under localhost:8080/myappcontextpath in Tomcat.
>

> Now I need to make it the default web app in tomcat. Basically, get the
> app deployed under localhost:8080/.
>
> So, I added the following configurations to the tomcat server.xml file.
>

>      <Host name="localhost" appBase="/webapps/myappcontextpath ">
>
> <Context path="" docBase="." >
>
> </Context>
>
>      </Host>
>

> Now I can access the home page of the app using
> http://localhost:8080/start <http://localhost:8080/start>  . However,
> when accessing other links, I am getting the HTTP 404 error.
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Or else..
>
> Is there any another way of configuring tomcat to make my webapp the
> default webapp?
>

> Thanks in advance for any replies
>

> The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and then delete the email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG Index plc is a company registered in England and Wales under number 01190902. VAT registration number 761 2978 07. Registered Office: Friars House, 157-168 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8EZ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. FSA Register number 114059.

TheDailyTube.com. Sign up and get the best new videos on the internet
delivered fresh to your inbox.