Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> on 2005/03/30 17:42:32 UTC

Re: svn commit: r159334 - httpd/httpd/branches/2.0.x/STATUS

* striker@apache.org wrote:

[Action .... virtual]

>         +1: nd, jerenkrantz, wrowe, jim
>         -0: by rbb (inconsistent to 1.3, discussion on dev@)
>            nd: I'm going to reverse the default
> -          jerenkrantz: I'm confused as to the status of this backport.
> +          jerenkrantz, striker: I'm confused as to the status of this
> backport.

I'm trying to bring some light on this :)
rbb brought to attention that the default behaviour of 2.x (404 on
non-existing files) is not consistent to recent 1.3 versions (after
1.3.10). Finally I've agreed and added his "veto" as -0 to the STATUS file
(he isn't a committer thatswhy -0 instead of -1). Now my idea was to
reverse the default behaviour and add another choice to Action ("physical")
and make "virtual" default -- and I didn't make it until now, because I'm a
bit swamped currently...

Perhaps this needs some more discussion?

nd
--
Winnetous Erbe: <http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>