Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2007/09/10 23:17:34 UTC

Release management for 1.0 release, was: Release management for next release, was: SCA 0.92 release?

Ant has been doing a great job as Release Manager for several releases.
I'd like to nominate him as Release Manager for release 1.0, as it's
going to be a pretty important milestone release for the project, and
I'm sure he'll make it a successful release again!

Thoughts?

[snip]

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Release management for 1.0 release, was: Release management for next release, was: SCA 0.92 release?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Couldn't say better about Ant as Release Manager, here is my +1

On 9/10/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:
> Ant has been doing a great job as Release Manager for several releases.
> I'd like to nominate him as Release Manager for release 1.0, as it's
> going to be a pretty important milestone release for the project, and
> I'm sure he'll make it a successful release again!
>
> Thoughts?
>
> [snip]
> ant elder wrote:
> > Taking the branch on the 14th and making an RC1 on the 14th is possible,
> > just the RC is likely to be a little rough as there won't be much time at
> > all to do checking. But as we're talking about RC1 not expected to be _the_
> > RC then i guess that could be fine.
> >
> >    ...ant
> >

> --
> Jean-Sebastien

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer
http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: Release management for 1.0 release, was: Release management for next release, was: SCA 0.92 release?

Posted by Ignacio Silva-Lepe <is...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. So just a reminder of the previously discussed plans: - Cut a
1.0branch tomorrow and make a release candidate not really expecting
it to be
the final one, then another RC on Monday the 17th, and maybe others on the
20th and 23rd if required. General development and changes are kept to a
minimum in the branch but still possible if absolutely required for now but
after the 17th be really careful about what goes into the branch so we don't
cause regressions.

   ...ant

Posted by Ignacio Silva-Lepe <is...@gmail.com>.
+1, thanks Ant.