Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Torsten Luettgert <t....@pressestimmen.de> on 2004/03/02 12:52:04 UTC

Bug: crash in anchor without href in session mode 2

Hi,

I hit a bug in Embperl 2.0b10 today (httpd is 2.0.48, mod_perl 1.99_12,
on a RedHat 9).

Putting

<a name="wkst">Test</a>

in an Embperl page reliably crashes my Apache with sig 11 (SIGSEGV)
if Embperl_Session_Mode has bit 1 set (insert session key into anchors
and forms) and EmbperlHTML is active (needed for insertion).

It seems probable that parsing the anchor tag and looking for the
(missing) href causes the problem, especially since

<a name="wkst" href="">Test</a>

doesn't crash the server.

I'd investigate, but I'm under severe deadline pressure right now and
couldn't spend time on it till in a month or so. I solved the problem
for the moment by using

[- print '<a name="wkst">Test</a>'; -]

Greetings,
Torsten

Re: crash in anchor without href in session mode 2

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Torsten Luettgert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hit a bug in Embperl 2.0b10 today (httpd is 2.0.48, mod_perl
> 1.99_12, on a RedHat 9).
>
> Putting
>
> <a name="wkst">Test</a>
>
> in an Embperl page reliably crashes my Apache with sig 11 (SIGSEGV)

The appended patch fixes the problem. You can also grab it from the CVS

Gerald

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Besuchen Sie uns auf der CeBIT (18. - 24. März 2004)
Halle 6 Stand B38-452

Re: crash in anchor without href in session mode 2

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> Putting
>
> <a name="wkst">Test</a>
>
> in an Embperl page reliably crashes my Apache with sig 11 (SIGSEGV)
> if Embperl_Session_Mode has bit 1 set (insert session key into anchors
> and forms) and EmbperlHTML is active (needed for insertion).
>
> It seems probable that parsing the anchor tag and looking for the
> (missing) href causes the problem, especially since
>
> <a name="wkst" href="">Test</a>
>
> doesn't crash the server.

Thanks for the report. Shouldn't be to hard to find for me.

I look into it as soon as I have a little time, but proberbly not before the
weekend