Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Natarajan, Prabakaran 1. (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <pr...@nsn.com> on 2014/06/12 07:59:59 UTC

Hadoop SAN Storage reuse

Hi

I know SAN storage is not recommended for Hadoop.    But we don't want waste - already existing SAN Storage.

How can we make use of SAN Storage for Hadoop - what are the best methods, can a Ethernet upgrade helps,...?

Thanks
Prabakaran.N

RE: Hadoop SAN Storage reuse

Posted by "Natarajan, Prabakaran 1. (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <pr...@nsn.com>.
Great, Thanks.

Thanks and Regards
Prabakaran.N  aka NP
nsn, Bangalore
When "I" is replaced by "We" - even Illness becomes "Wellness"

Hadoop performs best when each node has exclusive use of its disk.  Therefore, if you have a choice, try to provision exclusive use of individual spindles on your SAN and map each one to a separate mount on your Hadoop nodes.  Anything other than that will tend to produce poor performance due to disk contention.

john

RE: Hadoop SAN Storage reuse

RE: Hadoop SAN Storage reuse

RE: Hadoop SAN Storage reuse