Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by an...@wipro.com on 2004/05/11 13:19:27 UTC

Query regarding Cocoon Forms:JxForms,Wody,CForms

Hi all,

Was going thru the Cocoon forms site.

Found out that there are various ways of coding using cocoon forms
namely JXForms, Woody and CForms. I would like to know which is
recommended.

As per the Cocoon site : -
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/forms/#Introduction

 Cocoon has an advanced form framework. It is simply called "Forms" or
"Cocoon Forms", but mostly referred to as CForms. Previously it was
called "Woody".

WARNING: CForms is still under development. We are currently working
towards its first stable release.

Also found the following from Cocoon Docs: -

Woody is another form framework that can be used in your Flowscripts.

 Woody is marked as "unstable" block because it is under active
development!

Would appreciate if someone can let me know what is the difference
between these and what is recommended.

Also would be grateful if someone can point out what the following code
snippet (XML File) is written in (JX Forms, Woody or CForms)

form xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#definition"

      xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1">

  <widgets>

    <field id="displayMode" required="true">

      <label><i18n:text>Test Format</i18n:text></label>

      <datatype base="string" />

      <selection-list>

        <item value=" Apple ">

          <label>Apple</label>

        </item>

        <item value=" Oranges ">

          <label>Oranges</label>

        </item>

      </selection-list>

    </field>

    <field id="selectFields">

     <label><i18n:text>Select fields in desired
order:</i18n:text></label>

     <datatype base="string" />

    </field>

    <repeater id="entries" initial-size="1">

      <widgets>

        <field id="name" required="true">

          <label><i18n:text>Field</i18n:text></label>

          <datatype base="string" />

          <selection-list src="cocoon:/select-fields/Display"
dynamic="true" />

        </field>

        <row-action id="add-entry" action-command="add-after">

          <label>Add</label>

        </row-action>

        <row-action id="delete-entry" action-command="delete">

          <label>Remove</label>

        </row-action>

      </widgets>

    </repeater>

Regards

Anand

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately

Re: Query regarding Cocoon Forms:JxForms,Wody,CForms

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
anand.vasudevan@wipro.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> Was going thru the Cocoon forms site.
>
> Found out that there are various ways of coding using cocoon forms
> namely JXForms, Woody and CForms. I would like to know which is
> recommended.

CForms is recommended, although it is not yet in a released Cocoon. Will
be in 2.1.5 expected on Friday.

> As per the Cocoon site : -
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/forms/#Introduction
>
>  Cocoon has an advanced form framework. It is simply called "Forms" or
> "Cocoon Forms", but mostly referred to as *CForms*. Previously it was
> called "Woody".
>
> *WARNING:* CForms is still under development. We are currently working
> towards its first stable release.

If you find references to Woody on the site, please report them as they
need removing/replacing.

> Also found the following from Cocoon Docs: -
>

> Woody is another form framework that can be used in your Flowscripts.
>

>  Woody is marked as "unstable" block because it is under active
> development!
>

> Would appreciate if someone can let me know what is the difference
> between these and what is recommended.
>
> Also would be grateful if someone can point out what the following
> code snippet (XML File) is written in (JX Forms, Woody or CForms)

It is a CForms form definition file, as you can see from the namespace
definition at the top.

Regards, Upayavira