Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/18 22:32:58 UTC

Part with no name or type?

What should the dynamic client do about:

  <wsdl:message name="EstacoesHttpGetOut">
    <wsdl:part name="Body" />
  </wsdl:message>

I've changed an NPE to a throw, but should it politely suppress the
operation? Assume no arguments?

--benson

Re: Part with no name or type?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
I would say that it invalid, at least for soap.   The WSI-BP specifically
says:

R2204  A document-literal binding in a DESCRIPTION MUST refer, in each of its
soapbind:body element(s), only to wsdl:part element(s) that have been defined
using the element attribute.

and

R2203  An rpc-literal binding in a DESCRIPTION MUST refer, in its
soapbind:body element(s), only to wsdl:part element(s) that have been defined
using the type attribute.

In your case, it's not defined by type or element, and thus is not valid for
rpc/lit or doc/lit.

Thus, I would say throwing an exception saying this is invalid is an
appropriate thing to do.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp