Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by kewldude <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/17 11:19:48 UTC

Getting contents for Tree2 component

Hi guys,

I just need your advice though this is not really about the tree2 component
entirely. I just want to know how did you retrieve the data that represents
all the folders and nodes for the tree2 component. I know most likely that
data comes from a db that has a table that has a column mapping like this:
ID
NAME
PARENT_ID

Basically, I just need a guide or a tip on how to retrieve those values
effectively and load it into the TreeNodeBase object according to the order
(subfolders or nodes appearing in the right folder hierarchy)by which they
should be rendered by the tree2 component.Calling those people who had used
the tree2 component extensively, I hope you can share a piece of advice.
Thanks.

Re: Getting contents for Tree2 component

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Ah, forgot to mention you need to set the node type. That is what the
tree uses to determine that facet to use. I don't know the exact
property, as I no longer have the code (we aren't working on JSF here
anymore :-( ).

-Andrew

Posted by kewldude <pa...@yahoo.com>.
Okay I tried to integrate this code and this is what I've come up:

   	List <Catalogue>list = CatalogueDAO.instance().getCatalogues(refid);

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Something like:

ResultSet rs = ...;

Posted by kewldude <pa...@yahoo.com>.

kewldude wrote:

> What if I want to build the tree model all at once? I just need a
> tip/advice on how to do the fetching from the database and load it up into
> the TreeNodeBase object.
>

> Andrew Robinson-5 wrote:
>>
>> Do you want to lazy load them or build the tree model all at once?
>>
>> On 7/17/07, kewldude <pa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I just need your advice though this is not really about the tree2
>>> component
>>> entirely. I just want to know how did you retrieve the data that
>>> represents
>>> all the folders and nodes for the tree2 component. I know most likely
>>> that
>>> data comes from a db that has a table that has a column mapping like
>>> this:
>>> ID
>>> NAME

Posted by kewldude <pa...@yahoo.com>.