Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tom Browder <to...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/16 13:03:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Online page not affected by css

I have a website whose home page appearance online is as expected. The site
has a subpage using css (in a separate file linked into the head element)
to form a modern, simple grid layout for testing. Both pages look as
expected when I view them on my local host using Firefox. However, when I
view the online site the subpage does not appear to be reading the css file.

I have checked the directory and file permissions and they are correct as
far as I have used in the past (all owned by apache:apache). The directory
structure is such that the Document Root is at
/home/web-server/gbumc.church/public/ and the home index.html is rooted
there. Under that directory are css/ and pages/. The pages/congregants.html
file internally points to ../css/css.photo.

The online site is at https://gbumc.church.

-Tom

Re: [users@httpd] Online page not affected by css

Posted by Tom Browder <to...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 11:44 Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Try giving the full path (https://gbumc.church/css/css.photo) instead of
> ( ../css/css.photo.)

Thank you Deepak.

Best regards,

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
Try giving the full path (https://gbumc.church/css/css.photo) instead of (
../css/css.photo.)

Deepak
"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated
- Mahatma Gandhi"

+91 73500 12833
deicool@gmail.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool

"Plant a Tree, Go Green"

Make In India : http://www.makeinindia.com/home

Posted by Tom Browder <to...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 10:32 Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>
wrote:
…

> Rename your stylesheet file to "photo.css"
> so that (thanks to conf/mime.types configuration file) it will be
> served with the correct Content-Type of "text/css".
> As of now the server does not recognise what type of file it is.

Thank you!

BTW, HTTPD  2.4.54 has been released a week ago.

Yes, and I will upgrade soon.

Thanks, Konstantin.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.