Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "N.s.Karthik" <ns...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/01 08:31:36 UTC

Tomcat & SOAP/Rest +/- jax-ws or Axis2 or cxf ????

Hi
spec : jdk 1.7
Container Tomcat 7.x
O/s : Oracle Linux

Question : Need a *Simple & Single Framework to support both "SOAP & Rest"*
based  services.

Which one is the best to make use of ??

Jax-ws   OR   Axis2  OR  Cxf  or ????

with regards
Karthik

Re: Tomcat & SOAP/Rest +/- jax-ws or Axis2 or cxf ????

Posted by Ludovic Pénet <l....@senat.fr>.
SOAP and REST are of different natures. SOAP is more of a protocol. REST is an architectural style.

You will find a more elaborate explanation on this stackoverflow thread http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19884295/soap-vs-rest-differences

For the rest part, I use both RESTEasy http://resteasy.jboss.org/ and Jersey https://jersey.java.net/ in my projects. They are equivalent for simple usages. The choice becomes less obvious when you also put CDI, deltaspike, test frameworks and such in line...

Hope this helps.

Ludovic

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

http://tomee.apache.org/apache-tomee.html