Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Shane Dell <sh...@apache.org> on 2022/07/21 19:54:54 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Daffodil VS Code Extension 1.1.0 Release

All,

This thread will be to discuss the topic of creating a 1.1.0 release of the
Apache Daffodil VS Code Extension. This release would include all issues
listed here 1.1.0 Milestone Close Items
<https://github.com/apache/daffodil-vscode/milestone/2?closed=1>. In
summary the main changes in this release are the following:

- Initial omega-edit client. Enabled via command palette command so that it
is hidden by default.
  - The UI displays a number of panels. The offset, encoded data, decoded
data (main editing area). As well as 3 viewports set to specific bytes of
the file currently. Some of the dropdowns and areas are not curre.ntly
interactive but will be in the future.
  - Actions supports currently:
    - Adding
    - Deleting
    - Inserting
    - Undo & Redo
    - Copy & Paste
    - Saving edition session file:
      - Either to a new file or overwrite the existing file.
- Creation of the "dfdl" language extension, replaces the snippets
- Added debug option to use the same configuration as your last debug
session.

This discussion will be open till Sunday, July 24th 2022 at 4pm (72 hours).

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Daffodil VS Code Extension 1.1.0 Release

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
+1 seems reasonable to me.

The only thing I would like to have merged prior to starting the
release/vote process is DAFFODIL-2713 which has an open PR here:

   https://github.com/apache/daffodil/pull/816

It would be nice for the next release to use this updated container to
ensure these changes work while the changes are fresh in mind.

- Steve