Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by chriseldredge <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/06 20:52:58 UTC

Streaming api and multiValued fields

Is there any documentation on the support (or lack thereof) for using join,
hashJoin and other operations to combine streams on multiValued fields?

I have a core with posts that can be written about multiple companies, and
another core with info about those companies:

{
  'id': 'post-1234',
  'body': 'the body text about IBM and Oracle',
  'company_ids': [21, 43]
}

{
  'id': 'company-21',
  'company_id': 21,
  'name': 'IBM',
}

{
  'id': 'company-43',
  'company_id': 43,
  'name': 'Oracle'
}

I want to join posts to companies.

As an aside, this might not be possible yet before SOLR-8395 is completed
(query-time join (with scoring) for single value numeric fields) but I
thought I'd ask about multiValued fields anyway.

Re: Streaming api and multiValued fields

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
Currently the joins in the Streaming API don't support joining on
multi-value fields. It will be difficult to support merge joins on
multi-value fields but hash joins would be possible in the future. Also the
gatherNodes graph expression will support multi-value fields in the future.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/