Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/02/12 13:21:25 UTC

Apache Flex 4.9.1

Hi,

Other than the locale fix is there anything that is needed for a 4.9.1 release?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
One more thing, running the test suite, I found 77 failed tests, 57 related
to the LangPacks/Japanese/tests

-Fred

When do you plan to launch the release ?

-Fred

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
> Well part of the issue is to reduce the barriers so that people with
> limited time can be more effective and/or get up to speed quickly.
> Currently downloading, installing and running the tests takes a fair
> amount of manual setup and effort, have an easier way to run to run tests
> (one click mustella?) should help.

Yeah, I guess, my goal is the same, as I said before and I didn't committed
things in that way since 2 months because of the lack of emphasy but I
continue to go in that way by myself...

Btw, Om, I tried one click mustella and it has been in error as soon I tried
to select the sdk path or even tried to select my command line interpreter,
didn't had time to tell you before :$

> And like your machine and you I guess, I'm on my spared time
Yep.

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
And like your machine and you I guess, I'm on my spared time, I've got a job
and work every day, I would like much more people on the sdk; I didn't
commit things because of the failed tests, surely not my fault but I didn't
dare to commit before the tests passed, I haven't got the time and the level
to understand and make them all passed but I'm gonna dig into (I would like
more people doing the same), I can't say when all of that will be ok but
what I'm sure I won't even try to do a release before this minimum of
quality.

(Not sure I can be understood)

LangPacks/Japanese/tests/creditCardValidatorTests
JA_CreditCardValidator_InvalidCharError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/creditCardValidatorTests
JA_CreditCardValidator_invalidNumberError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/creditCardValidatorTests
JA_CreditCardValidator_wrongLengthError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/creditCardValidatorTests
JA_CreditCardValidator_wrongTypeError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/creditCardValidatorTests
JA_CreditCardValidator_FieldRequired
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/creditCardValidatorTests
JA_CreditCardValidator_TypeRequired
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/creditCardValidatorTests
JA_CreditCardValidator_NumberRequired
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/currencyValidatorTests
JA_CurrencyValidator_currencySymbolError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/currencyValidatorTests
JA_CurrencyValidator_decimalPointCountError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/currencyValidatorTests
JA_CurrencyValidator_exceedsMaxError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/currencyValidatorTests
JA_CurrencyValidator_invalidCharError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/currencyValidatorTests
JA_CurrencyValidator_invalidFormatCharsError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/currencyValidatorTests
JA_CurrencyValidator_lowerThanMinError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/currencyValidatorTests
JA_CurrencyValidator_precisionError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/currencyValidatorTests
JA_CurrencyValidator_separationError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/currencyValidatorTests
JA_CurrencyValidator_negativeError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/dateChooserTests JA_DateChooser_Japanese_Layout
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/dateFieldTests
JA_DateField_Dropdown_Japanese_Layout
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/dateValidatorTests JA_DateValidator_formatError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/dateValidatorTests
JA_DateValidator_invalidCharError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/dateValidatorTests JA_DateValidator_wrongDayError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/dateValidatorTests JA_DateValidator_wrongMonthError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/dateValidatorTests JA_DateValidator_wrongYearError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/dateValidatorTests JA_DateValidator_dateFormat
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/emailValidatorTests
JA_EmailValidator_invalidCharError2
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/emailValidatorTests
JA_EmailValidator_invalidDomainError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/emailValidatorTests
JA_EmailValidator_missingAtSignError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/emailValidatorTests
JA_EmailValidator_missingUsernameError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/emailValidatorTests
JA_EmailValidator_tooManyAtSignsError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/emailValidatorTests
JA_EmailValidator_invalidPeriodsInDomainError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/emailValidatorTests
JA_EmailValidator_missingPeriodInDomainError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/emailValidatorTests
JA_EmailValidator_invalidDomainError2
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/emailValidatorTests
JA_EmailValidator_invalidIPDomainError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/emailValidatorTests
JA_EmailValidator_invalidDomainError_noPeriod
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/numberValidatorTests
JA_NumberValidator_decimalPointCountError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/numberValidatorTests
JA_NumberValidator_exceedsMaxError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/numberValidatorTests
JA_NumberValidator_integerError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/numberValidatorTests
JA_NumberValidator_invalidFormatCharsError_Decimal
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/numberValidatorTests
JA_NumberValidator_invalidFormatCharsError_Thousand
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/numberValidatorTests
JA_NumberValidator_lowerThanMinError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/numberValidatorTests
JA_NumberValidator_negativeError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/numberValidatorTests
JA_NumberValidator_precisionError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/numberValidatorTests
JA_NumberValidator_invalidCharError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/phoneNumberValidatorTests
JA_PhoneNumberValidator_invalidCharError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/phoneNumberValidatorTests
JA_PhoneNumberValidator_wrongLengthError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/socialSecurityValidatorTests
JA_SocialSecurityValidator_invalidCharError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/socialSecurityValidatorTests
JA_SocialSecurityValidator_wrongFormatError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/socialSecurityValidatorTests
JA_SocialSecurityValidator_zeroStartError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/stringValidatorTests
JA_StringValidator_tooLongError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/stringValidatorTests
JA_StringValidator_tooLongError1
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/stringValidatorTests
JA_StringValidator_tooShortError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/stringValidatorTests
JA_StringValidator_tooShortError1
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/zipCodeValidatorTests
JA_ZipCodeValidator_invalidCharError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/zipCodeValidatorTests
JA_ZipCodeValidator_invalidDomainError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/zipCodeValidatorTests
JA_ZipCodeValidator_wrongCAFormatError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/zipCodeValidatorTests
JA_ZipCodeValidator_wrongLengthError
LangPacks/Japanese/tests/zipCodeValidatorTests
JA_ZipCodeValidator_wrongUSFormatError
components/Charts/Bubble/Properties/BubbleProperties
BubbleSeries_multipleAxes_disabledDays
gumbo/components/Grid/Methods/Grid_Methods_basic Grid_Methods_getCellBounds1
gumbo/components/Grid/Methods/Grid_Methods_basic Grid_Methods_getCellBounds2
gumbo/components/Grid/Methods/Grid_Methods_basic Grid_Methods_getCellBounds3
gumbo/components/Grid/Methods/Grid_Methods_basic Grid_Methods_getCellBounds4
gumbo/components/Grid/Methods/Grid_Methods_basic
Grid_Methods_getColumnBounds1
gumbo/components/Grid/Methods/Grid_Methods_basic
Grid_Methods_getItemRendererAt1
gumbo/components/Image/styles/Image_styles_smoothingQuality
Image_Scale_stretch_smoothingQuality_high
gumbo/components/List/events/ItemRendRETLabel_event_tester
RendRETLabel_List_keyboard_navigation2
gumbo/components/List/events/ItemRendRETLabel_event_tester
RendRETLabel_List_keyboard_navigation3
gumbo/components/List/events/ItemRendRETLabel_event_tester
RendRETLabel_List_keyboard_navigation4
gumbo/components/List/events/ItemRendRETLabel_event_tester
RendRETLabel_List_keyboard_navigation5
gumbo/components/List/events/ItemRendRETLabel_event_tester
RendRETLabel_List_keyboard_navigation6
gumbo/components/List/events/ItemRendRETLabel_event_tester
RendRETLabel_List_scrollPosition3
gumbo/components/List/events/ItemRendRETLabel_event_tester
RendRETLabel_List_scrollPosition5
gumbo/components/List/events/ItemRendRET_event_tester
RendRET_List_keyboard_navigation2
gumbo/components/List/events/ItemRendRET_event_tester
RendRET_List_keyboard_navigation6
spark/core/fxg/properties/fxgtemplate_tester filters_filters_blend
spark/core/fxg/properties/fxgtemplate_tester scale9_bitmapgraphic_scale9
spark/core/fxg/properties/fxgtemplate_tester
scale9_shape_bmpgraphic_scalegridgroup

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Just to keep you informed, I just started to debug the
LangPacks/Japanese/tests, the japanese resource bundles are well loaded but
not displayed, I still have to understand why it happens and why that's only
for japanese.

-Fred

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Sorry I missed this post, yeah I'm pretty sure because I use to run tests
each time I do something but I can check again !

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

AW: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Well I run my CI tests for Flexmojos on an Amazon EC2 node ... works fine and they do have special offers for Open Source and if you only need a Linux node, it's more or less free :-)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Why is that?  I run them overnight on a 3-year-old mac.
That's sometimes possible. I actually do have 2 other machines that need to be setup/fixed so do have a solution just not right this second, but been a bit short of time.

> Someone really should make sure the branch completely passes a full run
> before we start making code changes.
That will probably require merging with the updated tests from develop. Probably simpler to run the develop branch test over the release branch.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Well, to be clear, happily, there is Justin, Om, Alex and all the other
great Abobe guys and some others from js part but we clearly don't miss
people talking, we miss people doing...

then I guess this release will take a bit longer to get done

Glad to hear !!

On 2/12/13 7:56 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> HI,
>
>> it takes time for sure but I think it's important, am I wrong ?
> No your not wrong it's important. It's just currently I have no way of
> conveniently running the full tests.
Why is that?  I run them overnight on a 3-year-old mac.

> If someone want to buy me a testing
> machine I'll be more than grateful :-)
>
> I did run the check in tests and this is not going to be the RC we vote on
> as
> Alex want to wait on other fixes before releasing 4.9.1 so teh full test
> will
> be run by someone before we vote on a RC.
Someone really should make sure the branch completely passes a full run
before we start making code changes.  If that someone is going to be me,

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
well, I'm sad to say that but I use to update before I commit, I use to run
the tests before I commit and I'm still pretty sure I can miss something but
I do that, it takes time for sure but I think it's important, am I wrong ?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/12/13 3:14 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I think we should investigate and fix all of the issues I listed before
>> releasing again.
>
> Fair enough. I'll put it up as RC1so  if anyone wants it they can use it now.
> I wont bother calling a vote.
It looks like you are working the the Release4.9 branch, right?  Does it
pass Mustella for you?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Just a FYI for anything making a build as the RCs are checked into SVN it's slower than before. It taking more time to checking in the RC than it took to build it :-)

Justin

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> At the very least, logo.jpg and title-bar.html needs to be merged in within
> the /asdocs/templates/ folder.
As far as I can see only the logo changed can you confirm?

Justin

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
At the very least, logo.jpg and title-bar.html needs to be merged in within
the /asdocs/templates/ folder.  It is quite possible those are the only two
files that changed, but I'll have to look through the changelog to make
sure.

-Nick

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
HI,

> README file was built off a version that was at least two months old.
Thant's correct it's from a build form the 4.9 release branch and only has
limited changes form the 4.0.0 version.

> RELEASE_NOTES does not list the bugs fixes.
Sorry I had assumed Alex had done this.

> Changes from ASDOCS were not included.  This includes changes in the HTML
> templates (logo).
This is not a 4.10 release it's a minor update to the 4.9 release.

We should change the README to point to the proper website, downloads, etc.
  See if we can grab the latest from develop, as those changes have already
been incorporated.

The changes to ASDOCS were to put in our proper logo(the old one was
incorrect, having the wrong text, color and missing the (r) that
trademarks@a.o. asked us to put in), and fix a few other trademark issues
found after 4.9.0.  They are minor textual issues, but we should include
them since this is an official release.

-Nick

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
I tried reproducing FLEX-33380 as well, but could only reproduce it in FB
4.6.  Couldn't get it to happen in FB 4.7 (Mac or Win) or any of the other
IDEs

-Nick

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Justin,

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Apache Flex 4.9.1

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/12/13 4:21 AM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Other than the locale fix is there anything that is needed for a 4.9.1
> release?
Flex-config might still have a reference to incubator.
AeonGraphical theme missing some assets from 4.6.

I'll try to deal with those today.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team