Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Pushkar Prasad <pu...@airtightnetworks.net> on 2013/03/18 15:29:54 UTC

Unable to fetch large amount of rows

Hi,

I have following schema:

TimeStamp

MACAddress

Data Transfer

Data Rate

LocationID

PKEY is (TimeStamp, MACAddress). That means partitioning is on TimeStamp,
and data is ordered by MACAddress, and stored together physically (let me
know if my understanding is wrong). I have 1000 timestamps, and for each
timestamp, I have 500K different MACAddress.

When I run the following query, I get RPC Timeout exceptions:

Select * from db_table where Timestamp='...'

>From my understanding, this should give all the rows with just one disk
seek, as all the records for a particular timeStamp. This should be very
quick, however, clearly, that doesn't seem to be the case. Is there
something I am missing here? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PP

RE: Unable to fetch large amount of rows

Posted by Viktor Jevdokimov <Vi...@adform.com>.
Please, stop flooding this mail list, your questions are not about Cassandra development, but about using it.

For Cassandra users there's users mail list: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subscribe to Cassandra users mail list: user-subscribe@cassandra.apache.org

Best regards / Pagarbiai

Viktor Jevdokimov