Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by "Gross, Lukas" <lu...@sap.com> on 2014/03/17 15:02:06 UTC

Commits to ObjectiveCMIS

Hi,

As announced earlier today we merged our changes (faster than I thought) and committed them.
Please have a close look to the changes as they also include an incompatible API change: We added a *stop parameter to the progress block of all transmission methods, so that it is possible to abort the transmission. We decided against creating new interfaces with the *stop flag and just modified the exiting ones as creating additional interfaces would basically double all transmission interfaces.
Please let us know if anyone has a different opinion on this topic.

Best Regards,
Lukas

Re: Commits to ObjectiveCMIS

Posted by "Gross, Lukas" <lu...@sap.com>.
Hi Gavin,

I'm preparing the release right now.
So this is the last call for anyone who want's to suspend the release…

Best regards,
Lukas

Posted by Gavin Cornwell <ga...@alfresco.com>.
Hi Lukas,

Posted by Gavin Cornwell <ga...@alfresco.com>.
Hi Lukas,

Posted by Gavin Cornwell <ga...@alfresco.com>.
Hi Lukas,

Posted by "Gross, Lukas" <lu...@sap.com>.
Hi Gavin,

Posted by Gavin Cornwell <ga...@alfresco.com>.
Hi Lukas,

Posted by Gavin Cornwell <ga...@alfresco.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Gross, Lukas" <lu...@sap.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gavin Cornwell <ga...@alfresco.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gavin Cornwell <ga...@alfresco.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Gross, Lukas" <lu...@sap.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gavin Cornwell <ga...@alfresco.com>.
Hi,

Sounds good to me, I just need to check here that there isn’t anything else required for 0.3, the guy I need to ask is beck from holiday tomorrow so I’ll send a response tomorrow if that’s OK?

If you don’t mind doing the release that is absolutely fine with me ;-)

Regarding the browser binding, I created the branch over the weekend and have merged the work I did previously into that locally. There is still some work to do before I’m happy doing an initial commit, but I plan on doing that in the evenings this week so I should have something to contribute soon.

Posted by "Gross, Lukas" <lu...@sap.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gavin Cornwell <ga...@alfresco.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Gross, Lukas" <lu...@sap.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gavin Cornwell <ga...@alfresco.com>.
Hi,

Excellent, a 0.3 release would also be really useful for us too.

I would suggest doing a release sooner rather than later, what other implementation tasks are there from your side that would need to be done before 0.3?

Posted by "Gross, Lukas" <lu...@sap.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gavin Cornwell <ga...@alfresco.com>.
Hi,

I do see your point about the stop parameter being a common paradigm in iOS, however, personally I would prefer that we remove it, especially if the request approach works. We then have one consistent way to cancel operations across the whole library (the parameter approach is only applicable to methods with progress).

Great to hear you're also interested in the browser binding. I did my initial work a while ago so I need to sync it with the recent changes but I'll commit it in a branch as soon as I can.

Posted by "Gross, Lukas" <lu...@sap.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gavin Cornwell <ga...@alfresco.com>.
Hi,