Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/10 20:53:56 UTC

maven-license-plugin NPE

I have a multi-module build I'm running the license:format goal on.  It
works fine for several modules then fails with NPE on the deployment-parent
module which is a pom type module (we have several like that), any ideas
why it would fail on this one?

I tried versions 1.9.0 and 1.10.b1 and get the same error.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
com.mycila.maven-license-plugin:maven-license-plu
gin:1.10.b1:format (default-cli) on project deployment-parent: Execution
default
-cli of goal
com.mycila.maven-license-plugin:maven-license-plugin:1.10.b1:format
 failed. NullPointerException -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
goal c
om.mycila.maven-license-plugin:maven-license-plugin:1.10.b1:format
(default-cli)
 on project deployment-parent: Execution default-cli of goal
com.mycila.maven-li
cense-plugin:maven-license-plugin:1.10.b1:format failed.
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor
.java:225)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor
.java:153)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor
.java:145)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProje
ct(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProje
ct(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBu
ild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(Lifecycl
eStarter.java:161)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
        at
java:57)
        at
sorImpl.java:43)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Laun
cher.java:290)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.jav
a:230)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(La
uncher.java:409)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:
352)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginExecutionException: Execution
default-c
li of goal
com.mycila.maven-license-plugin:maven-license-plugin:1.10.b1:format f
ailed.
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(Default
BuildPluginManager.java:110)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor
.java:209)
        ... 19 more
        at
com.google.code.mojo.license.header.HeaderParser.hasHeader(HeaderPars
er.java:142)
        at
com.google.code.mojo.license.header.HeaderParser.<init>(HeaderParser.
java:63)
        at
com.google.code.mojo.license.document.Document.parseHeader(Document.j
ava:125)
        at
com.google.code.mojo.license.LicenseFormatMojo$1.onHeaderNotFound(Lic
enseFormatMojo.java:55)
        at
com.google.code.mojo.license.AbstractLicenseMojo$1.run(AbstractLicens
eMojo.java:265)
        at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:47
1)
        at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
        at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:47
1)
        at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.
java:1145)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor
.java:615)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Re: maven-license-plugin NPE

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
On 11 April 2013 11:36, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> This mojo is maintained here
> http://code.google.com/p/maven-license-plugin/
> So use this place for any questions.

While you are over there can you also point out that they are not supposed
to call themselves maven-___-plugin as that causes confusion on behalf of
users (and is not a naming format that we consider part of the allowed
usage) they should use a format that makes it clear that it is a plugin for
Apache Maven but by somebody other than the ASF, e.g. ____-maven-plugin
would be fine

See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPLUGIN-185

Re: maven-license-plugin NPE

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
> [...]

>         at
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:47
> 1)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:47
> 1)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.
> java:1145)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au