Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Pe...@Flagstar.com on 2005/04/07 17:19:43 UTC

Apache and IIS questions

Good morning,

        We are wondering if is it possible to have Microsoft IIS running
as an application server to Apache running on Sun Solaris? We're looking
at an application that only runs on IIS, but we don't want IIS in our DMZ.
We'd like to keep the IIS app server on our internal network and use
Apache running on Solaris in our DMZ to serve up the web content. Would
this be a matter of finding a mod_jk that will let Apache connect to IIS?
If such a mod_jk exists, do you know where to find it?

Thanks

Pete Knoll
Web server software support
IS Enterprise Technology
Office: (248) 312-6449

This e-mail may contain data that is confidential, proprietary or "non-public
personal information," as that term is defined in the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
(collectively, "Confidential Information"). The Confidential Information is
disclosed conditioned upon your agreement that you will treat it
confidentially and in accordance with applicable law, ensure that such data
isn't used or disclosed except for the limited purpose for which it's being
provided and will notify and cooperate with us regarding any requested or
unauthorized disclosure or use of any Confidential Information. By accepting
and reviewing the Confidential Information you agree to indemnify us against
any losses or expenses, including attorney's fees that we may incur as a
result of any unauthorized use or disclosure of this data due to your acts or
omissions. If a party other than the intended recipient receives this e-mail,
you are requested to instantly notify us of the erroneous delivery and return
to us all data so delivered.

Re: Apache and IIS questions

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Peter.J.Knoll@Flagstar.com wrote:
>         Is mod_proxy a Microsoft technology that would live on the IIS
> server or an Apache technology that would be on the Sun Solaris server?

it's an apache module. note that this is a well-known architectural
pattern known as reverse proxying, and there are implementations
available for all web servers. mod_proxy is just the one you'd use on an
apache frontend.

Re: Apache and IIS questions

Posted by Pe...@Flagstar.com.
        Is mod_proxy a Microsoft technology that would live on the IIS
server or an Apache technology that would be on the Sun Solaris server?

Thanks

Pete Knoll
Web server software support
IS Enterprise Technology
Office: (248) 312-6449

"Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>
04/07/2005 11:23 AM
Please respond to
"Lenya Users List" <us...@lenya.apache.org>

Lenya Users List <us...@lenya.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Apache and IIS questions

Peter.J.Knoll@Flagstar.com wrote:
> Good morning,
>
>         We are wondering if is it possible to have Microsoft IIS running

> as an application server to Apache running on Sun Solaris? We're looking

> at an application that only runs on IIS, but we don't want IIS in our
DMZ.
> We'd like to keep the IIS app server on our internal network and use
> Apache running on Solaris in our DMZ to serve up the web content. Would
> this be a matter of finding a mod_jk that will let Apache connect to
IIS?
> If such a mod_jk exists, do you know where to find it?

mod_jk is specific to tomcat. in your case, you probably want to just
use mod_proxy to proxy your IIS into the DMZ

Re: Apache and IIS questions

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.