Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jan Tosovsky <j....@email.cz> on 2019/10/25 22:03:59 UTC

Batik 1.12 cosmetic issues

Dear All,

I can display SVG files in Squiggle or rasterize them into PNG/PDF which was
not the case in previous releases, so thumbs up!

I've never used slideshow before, but in the current version only some SVGs
can be displayed, the rest is served as the black screen (Squiggle can
display them without problems). When slideshow finishes in full screen mode,
I can see waiting cursor, but screen is not restored until I click the mouse
button (Win 10).

In the lib folder there are outdated README/LICENSE files:
LICENSE.js.txt belogs to js.jar, which is not the part of distribution any
more
Both LICENSE.xerces_2_12_0.txt and README.xerces_2_12_0.txt contain
'xerces_2_9_1' string
Both LICENSE.fop-transcoder-allinone-2.4.txt and
README.fop-transcoder-allinone-2.4.txt contain 'trunk' string

In the lib folder there are missing files:
Both LICENSE + README for rhino-1.7.7.jar
Both LICENSE + README for serializer-2.7.2.jar
Both LICENSE + README for xmlgraphics-commons-2.4.jar

In the lib folder it is not clear why there are licenses for:
LICENSE.dom-documentation.txt
LICENSE.dom-software.txt

Jan

Re: Batik 1.12 cosmetic issues

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

Response inline within Jan's message, marked with *[HM]*.

Cheers.
  Helder

Jan Tosovsky <j....@email.cz> escreveu no dia sexta, 25/10/2019 à(s)
23:04:

> Dear All,
>
> I can display SVG files in Squiggle or rasterize them into PNG/PDF which
> was
> not the case in previous releases, so thumbs up!
>
> I've never used slideshow before, but in the current version only some SVGs
> can be displayed, the rest is served as the black screen (Squiggle can
> display them without problems). When slideshow finishes in full screen
> mode,
> I can see waiting cursor, but screen is not restored until I click the
> mouse
> button (Win 10).
>
> In the lib folder there are outdated README/LICENSE files:
> LICENSE.js.txt belogs to js.jar, which is not the part of distribution any
> more

*[HM]* Right! Done in r1869303. I also renamed+updated "README.js.txt" for
the same reason.

Both LICENSE.xerces_2_12_0.txt and README.xerces_2_12_0.txt contain
> 'xerces_2_9_1' string

*[HM]* Right. Done in 1869308 together with other related updates.

Both LICENSE.fop-transcoder-allinone-2.4.txt and
> README.fop-transcoder-allinone-2.4.txt contain 'trunk' string

*[HM]* I'm suggesting that we use the binary release FOP 2.3.0 (
https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/download.html). Any reason not to?

In the lib folder there are missing files:
> Both LICENSE + README for rhino-1.7.7.jar

*[HM]* Done by ssteiner in r1869099 for LICENSE and by me in r1869305 for
README.

> Both LICENSE + README for serializer-2.7.2.jar

*[HM]* Done by ssteiner in r1869099 for LICENSE.

> Both LICENSE + README for xmlgraphics-commons-2.4.jar

*[HM]* Possibly the same stated above for FOP.

In the lib folder it is not clear why there are licenses for:
> LICENSE.dom-documentation.txt
> LICENSE.dom-software.txt

*[HM]* According to SVN it's related with 'xml-api*.jar'.

Jan