Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Nicolas Flandrin <nf...@cylande.com> on 2017/04/10 16:05:18 UTC

Flex Apps on IOS compilation problem

Hi everyone,

We encounter some problems to package our multiplatform Flex App on IOS. The app work well on desktop, android, but fail to build an IPA (ipa-ad-hoc)

The only message we have (after 20 min...) is  :

Compilation failed while ececuting : compile-abc

For information, earlier app version was able to build. It seems that we was unable to package when the app reached a too big size (class count ?).

When we reduce the app size (remove some features / classes) we are able to build again, but we are not really able to locate a specific class causing the problem.

The current swf weight is 14.4mb
We tried to build another custom bigger swf (big assets), with no problem.

We tried many air sdk version, without success.

Any advice to go further ? (debug option for the compiler, verbose mode, ideas, technical contacts ?)

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the english...

Nicolas

Re: Flex Apps on IOS compilation problem

Posted by Clint M <cm...@gmail.com>.
I've encountered similar problems.  I traced mine to a 700 line function by
slowly removing and re-adding parts of the application.  When I simply
split the function into to separate 350 line functions I was able to
compile. It took me a about a day and half to track it down though.