Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Vladimir Kovalyuk <ko...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/29 18:17:35 UTC

Wicket does not treat ajax multipart form sending as an ajax request

When Wicket is handling multipart form sent via ajax call it does not think
that it is an ajax request. The problem is in the fact that HTTP POST
generated by submitting inline frame does not contain Wicket-Ajax" header
attribute.

As the result the resource's url (particularly when the urs is being
prepended) does not contain the sequence of "../" characters. This in turn
results into 404 response on the browser side and the page is not updated
and isn't in sync with the wicket server state anymore.

Hence the WICKET-2491 issue. I believe the problem would be reproduced with
any mounted page. Even links to css cause the similar problem - instead of
404 I obtain "the resource is moved" warning.

Having struggled with the problem about a day (I would like the fix to be
part of 1.4.2) I found the cause and came up with a patch. See

Igor please have a look.

Re: Wicket does not treat ajax multipart form sending as an ajax request

Posted by Vladimir K <ko...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I will have a look at the patch. AFAIR it worked for me.

> yes, that is perfect, i am waiting for the iteration cycle to start
> since the patch you attached does not fix the sample project attached
> to the same issue...

I didn't know that the tnings are so bad.

Posted by Vladimir K <ko...@gmail.com>.
Igor, could you add https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-2491 to the
issues planned for 1.4.3?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.