Posted to users@jena.apache.org by hu...@aol.com on 2013/10/07 17:46:00 UTC

Jena-text - does it require Fuseki

Hi,

I am looking into using Jena-text. The documentation does explicitly state that Fuseki is a requirment. However Step 2 - Build the text index only provides instructions for how to do it with Fuseki. Is it possible to use Jena text search without Fuseki? If not, is it going to be part of future releases?

-Wolfgang

Re: Jena-text - does it require Fuseki

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 07/10/13 16:46, hueyl16@aol.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking into using Jena-text. The documentation does explicitly
> state that Fuseki is a requirment. However Step 2 - Build the text
> index only provides instructions for how to do it with Fuseki.

It's a trick - using the fuseki jar is a way to get everything all
packaged to run any of the commands.  It's not using Fuseki code, just
the server shaded all-in-one jar.

> Is it
> possible to use Jena text search without Fuseki?

Yes.

> If not, is it going
> to be part of future releases?

You can get it an a maven dependency:

http://jena.apache.org/documentation/query/text-query.html#maven-dependency

Adding it to the download is possible but it does add in Lucene and a
bunch of other stuff.  (Fuseki does not include the whole of Solr, just
the client).

Personally, I have no strong feeling one way or the other (it does not
affect me because I use maven ... or source :-)).

Suggest it on dev@ and canvas opinion of the committers if you think
it's a good idea.

	Andy