Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vincenzo D'Amore <v....@gmail.com> on 2016/01/25 00:22:59 UTC

Scripting server side

Hi,

looking at Solr documentation I found a pretty interesting processor which
is able to execute scripting languages server side.

http://lucene.apache.org/solr/5_4_0/solr-core/org/apache/solr/update/processor/StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory.html

As far as I understood, this is useful only during document update.
I'm just curious to know if there is something else that I can use before
or during the query execution.

Best regards,
Vincenzo

--
Vincenzo D'Amore
email: v.damore@gmail.com

Re: Scripting server side

Posted by Scott Stults <ss...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Are you trying to manipulate the query with a script, or just the response?
If it's the response you want to work with, I think your only options are
using Velocity templates or XSLT. For working with the query you'll either
have to make your own QueryParserPlugin or intercept the request before it
gets to Solr.

k/r,
Scott

--
Scott Stults | Founder & Solutions Architect | OpenSource Connections, LLC
http://www.opensourceconnections.com