Posted to user@ant.apache.org by otisg <ot...@ureach.com> on 2003/03/13 22:03:32 UTC

Junit and java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (file permission)

Hello,

I am using Ant 1.5.2 with JDK 1.4.1_02 on a
Red Hat 7.3.
Then running JUnit task I always get an
error such as this one:

    [junit] Running
net.wgen.amp.action.ExampleActionTest
    [junit] Exception in thread "main"
java.security.AccessControlException: access
denied (java.io.FilePermission
/home/otis/wgen/eclipse-workspace/mclass/ampNG/build/reports/ut/TEST-net.wgen.amp.action.ExampleActionTest.xml
write)
    [junit]     at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:270)
    [junit]     at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:401)
    [junit]     at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:542)
    [junit]     at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkWrite(SecurityManager.java:975)
    [junit]     at
java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:169)
    [junit]     at
java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.FormatterElement.createFormatter(FormatterElement.java:206)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.createAndStoreFormatter(JUnitTestRunner.java:562)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestRunner.java:507)
    [junit] TEST
net.wgen.amp.action.ExampleActionTest FAILED

I cannot figure out why this is happening.
Even if I do 'chmod -R 777 reports' (reports
is the directory where unit test reports go)
and re-run Ant, I still get the same error!

Even if I touch the XML file that supposedly
cannot be created/written to disk, and make
it world writable, I still get the error.

Does anyone know what the problem is here?

Thank you,
Otis

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more