Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Obster <mi...@obster.org> on 2009/12/15 22:20:25 UTC

Anyone used jsTree with Struts2?

Hi,

is there anyone who has used jsTree in a struts2 application? Having
some problems using he component. First I don't get a JSON format
generated with struts2 which the tree understands and the 2nd try is
not even better where I changed from a JSON to XML-Code. The tree
works with that but only on non-IE browsers :-(. IE have some problems
with XML and the used Sarissa lib...

So if anyone knows a good alternative with a similiar format (xml is
preferred), please tell me.

Regards,
Michael

Re: Anyone used jsTree with Struts2?

Posted by Michael Obster <mi...@obster.org>.
Musachy Barroso schrieb:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Michael Obster <mi...@obster.org> wrote:
>> jsTree
>
> I used it with the JSON plugin many moons ago, what problem are you having?

First of all I get no tree displayed. After looking into the generated
JSON I see, that die variable names are quoted with "-quotes. Perhaps
this confuses the jsTree. The second problem are escaped characters like
"/" with are escaped as "\/" in the JSON.

I'm wrinting the generated JSON string into a string variable of a
json-generating action class.

How do you create a JSON with that format:
[
   { attributes: { id : "pjson_1" },
                  data: "Root node 1",
   },
   { attributes: { id : "pjson_5" },
                  data: "Root node 2" }
  ]

I always getting s.th like this:
"myvariable" : [
   { "attributes": { "id" : "pjson_1" },
                  "data": "Root node 1",
   },
   { "attributes": { "id" : "pjson_5" },
                  "data": "Root node 2" }
  ]

The corresponding class looks like
public AjaxAction implements ActionSupport {

private String myvariable;

public String execute() throws Exception {
   JSTreeDataBuilder jsTreeDataBuilder = new JSTreeDataBuilder(new
     ComputerNodeProvider(computer));
   jsTreeDataBuilder.assembleJSON();

   myvariable = jsTreeDataBuilder.getJSON();

   return Action.SUCCESS;
}

public String getMyvariable() {
   return data;
}

public void setMyvariable(String data) {
   this.myvariable = myvariable;
}

}

So the point is, it doesn't work and I don't know how to fix it.

Kind regards,

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.