Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Jonathan Bishop <jb...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/27 19:07:17 UTC

Minimum superstep time

Hi,

I am involved in a project which requires thousands of supersteps. In each
superstep there are about 1 thousand vertices, each sending a message. The
message size is not large, about 40 bytes or so.

I am seeing abouth 3000-5000ms per superstep. I am curious what others with
similar problem sizes are seeing.

Thanks,

Jon

Re: Minimum superstep time

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
On 27.11.2012 22:53, Jonathan Bishop wrote:
> Sebastian,
>
> I am evaluating a directed acyclic graph (DAG). So the vertices in one
> superstep are not dependent on each other, only upon their predecessors.

That's what I meant, the active vertices in step (t+1) depend on those
of step (t), so you can't run these simultaneously.

Can you say what problem you are trying to solve? And how big your graph is?

/s

Re: Minimum superstep time

Posted by Jonathan Bishop <jb...@gmail.com>.
Sebastian,