Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rakesh Patel <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/05 14:57:12 UTC

Dealing with properties in Maven 1.x

Hi,

I am new to Maven so apologies if this is obvious to people.

I have a need to keep a set of properties and use them in various other
files eg database connection settings need to make it to the tomcat
server.xml file, the spring configuration file, etc.

Previously i used Ant and i would create multiple property files and
have Ant work out which one to use during a build (the property file
would be named in such a way as to include the current machine name).
Not perfect (if i wanted to do a build for another machine from my box i
had to do some manual work) but it meant I had one source of property
values that could feed other files.

Quite a bit lost how to do something similar (or better?) in Maven 1.x.

Thanks

Re: Dealing with properties in Maven 1.x

Posted by Eric Ballet Baz <eb...@gmail.com>.
http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/reference/properties.html

On 1/5/07, Rakesh Patel <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to Maven so apologies if this is obvious to people.
>
> I have a need to keep a set of properties and use them in various other
> files eg database connection settings need to make it to the tomcat
> server.xml file, the spring configuration file, etc.
>
> Previously i used Ant and i would create multiple property files and
> have Ant work out which one to use during a build (the property file
> would be named in such a way as to include the current machine name).
> Not perfect (if i wanted to do a build for another machine from my box i
> had to do some manual work) but it meant I had one source of property
> values that could feed other files.
>
> Quite a bit lost how to do something similar (or better?) in Maven 1.x.
>
> Thanks

Eric Ballet Baz
eballetbaz@gmail.com
http://eballetbaz.free.fr